More Than A Pest
Believe it or not, mosquitoes are the deadliest animal in the world. That’s right. They are responsible for more deaths per year than any other species.
Mosquitoes are quite effective in carrying and transmitting deadly diseases from host to host. Malaria is the most damaging, but there is a surprising variety of ills the lowly mosquito can transmit, including the latest threat – the Zika Virus.
Staying Ahead of Them
Mosquitoes can breed amazingly fast. 1 mosquito can become 400 in only 4 days. That’s a rapid, exponential increase that is nearly impossible to stay ahead of without professional intervention.
Getting these flying pests at their breeding grounds, as well as eliminating the adult flyers, is an essential part of our comprehensive mosquito control strategy.
Interesting & Important Mosquito Facts
- Mosquitoes require standing water in order to breed. The most common is puddles left after a rain storm, but any small amount of standing water will do.
- Adult mosquitoes can live 5 – 6 months, but average less than 2.
- Mosquitoes locate and select a host primarily based on the presence of carbon monoxide, which they can detect up to 75 yards away. When they detect CO2, they fly back and forth through the plume until they hone in on their meal.
- Sweat plays a central role in how a mosquito selects its target. They are attracted to a host of things in your sweat including octenol, a chemical released in sweat, as well as cholesterol, folic acid, certain bacteria, skin lotions, and perfume.
- They locate your blood vessels by detecting body heat to zero in on the best blood supply.
- Only female mosquitoes bite. The males feed on flower nectar only.
- Mosquitoes hibernate at temperatures less than 50 degrees. Some types will lay eggs in the winter and then die leaving the larvae behind to hatch when the temperature rises. They are cold blooded and prefer temps over 80 degrees.
- Female mosquitoes can produce up to 300 eggs at a time and typically lay eggs 3 times in their life. The eggs are deposited in a cluster called “rafts” that float on the surface of standing water.
- Fish and Dragonflies are the mosquitoes’ only natural predator.
Mosquitoes and Disease
Due to the fact that mosquitoes leave saliva behind when they bite, they are quite efficient at transmitting certain diseases and parasites.
- West Nile Virus
- Several Types of Encephalitis
- Jamestown Canyon Virus
- Yellow Fever
- Zika Virus
Need more information about mosquitoes? Our mosquito control experts serve Winston Salem NC, Greensboro NC, and Kernersville NC.
Find the Source
The extensive knowledge experience of our technicians aids us in locating the breeding grounds of mosquitoes on your property so that we can get them at their sources.
Eliminate the Adults
We will spray shrubs, trees, and other likely spots around your yard to kill mosquitoes on contact where they hide. Our product continues to repel mosquitoes for weeks, despite it being safe for children, pets, and adults within 30 mins.
We will return to your yard every month to maintain the repellent barrier and to inspect for new breeding spots. If you have a problem in-between treatments, we will return to your home at no cost to you.
Get Started Today
Give us a call or send us a message to schedule your FREE inspection
Our Service Areas
- Winston Salem
- High Point
Other Pest Problems?
No Mosquitoes has been in the pest control business for over 30 years and counting. Not only can we help with your mosquito problem, we can deal with all your pest control needs.
We specialize in great customer service and safe, effective control of pests in and around your home.
Online Account & Bill Pay
You can manage all aspects of your account online!
Update your credit card, change contact information, update a street address. You may also view your service and payment history.